Percona Server for MongoDB features enterprise-grade functionalities and runs on monitoring tools like Percona Monitoring and Management. It is 100% free and open source!
Here is a step by step installation process of Percona MongoDB Node Cluster:
First spin up 3 identical servers, I’m going to be working with CentOS 7 servers.
Step #1 Setting up mongodb on all the 3 servers.
Follow these steps on each server:
- SSH into the server.
- Install percona server for MongoDB 4.4 (follow these instructions).
- Edit configuration file by running vi
- Change the bindIp under network interfaces
7. Create the database user :
9. Log in as a new user :
Step #2 Creating a KeyFile for replicaSet
1. SSH into the master server.
11. Exit sudo exit
Step #3 Initiate replica set
On the master server: